5.10.2010

dimland radio 5-8-10 show notes

Here's what I managed to get to this week.

Correction

For the third week in a row, I went on about the whole Immaculate Conception and Jesus being born without sin thing. During the past week I talked to Father Mark Hubberty. He confirmed the sinless nature of the Virgin Mary and Jesus. He also told me the Jesus was baptized to make the ritual holy. I promise not to mention this again on the next show.

In the line of duty part two

I talked some more about Office Joe Bergeron's being killed in the line of duty. This time I talked about the funeral procession that headed right past my office. It was quite the stirring site.

Read more about it here.

I35 bridge collapse

On August 1, 2007, the I35W bridge spanning the Mississippi collapsed. It just so happened to be on the same day as my son's fourth birthday. (Astrologers, put your charts away! I don't buy astrology.) The reason I talked about was because of how, if you don't have cable, it is difficult to tell how national a local story is. A friend who was living in New Orleans at that time called. I wasn't sure if he knew about the incident. He was asking if everyone was ok, which everyone was, I asked why he was calling. He said. "A f@#&ing bridge just fell down in your city!"

Speaking of astrology

This was fun!

The night before my show, during Paradigm Shift (airing Friday nights at 10 central on Z Talk Radio), an intriguing thing occurred. Chatters attempted to guess my sign. Three guessed Taurus right away. I'm not Taurus. Then they proceeded to guess. And guess and guess and guess. They went through eleven signs (for those who don't know, there are twelve) never guessing my sign, which is Scorpio.

I thought the whole process was very telling of the accuracy of astrology. I'm sure believers will disagree anyway. I thought it was fun.

Twins win! Twins win!

And I saw it. I get a very limited amount of MN Twins games that I can watch on the TV and, prior to the Sunday before this show, they lost every game I watched. Well, they finally won a Sunday afternoon game and I watched it happen.

Happy Mother's Day

I reminded my listeners that the next day was Mother's Day and that, if they still had them, they should call their mothers. Thanks, Moms, for everything you do!

Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ahead' by Wire
First ad break bumpers: 'Waiting For The Weekend' by The Vapors & 'Cruel To Be Kind' by Nick Lowe
Second ad break bumpers: 'Emotional Rescue' by The Rolling Stones & 'Baby Ran' by 54-50
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next week for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com You can also download my show from the Z Talk On Demand page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

No comments:

Post a Comment