8.29.2010

dimland radio 8-28-10 show notes

I did it again. Another stellar show.

I was cool once Part 2

I enjoyed talking about the old days last week that I decided to do it again. This time I talked about one particular concert my friend John and I had seen. The concert at First Avenue in Minneapolis was The Cramps with The Screaming Blue Messiahs opening. That Cramps were good, but the real show was The Messiahs. They were fantastic. I played a few clips of their songs to give the listener a flavor of the marvelous noise this band made.

You can read a more detailed account of the show here. You'll need to scroll down a bit or you could read about the other concerts on that page.

Ten Minute Topic with Chris Brown

Fellow skeptic: Chris Brown

This was the first installment of a new segment for Dimland Radio. In Ten Minute Topic, fellow skeptic, Chris Brown, and I talk skeptically about some topic for about ten minutes. But don't hold us to the ten minutes. Remember, Chris and/or I could be wrong about any of the stuff we talk about, however unlikely. It is ok to be skeptical of the skeptics.

For our first installment we talked about the Book of Revelations. Actually, Chris did most the talking. Chris revealed the most likely candidate for who was the Antichrist. You'll have to download the show to hear the identity.


Chris learned much of what he talked about from Bart Ehrman, a Biblical scholar of some note. Please check out Dr. Ehrman here.

Quietest place on earth


No, it's not the Z Talk chat room during my show. It's a specially constructed studio at Orfield Laboratories, Inc. in Minneapolis, MN. It's so quiet it made the Guiness Book of World Records. I would be interested to hear an EVP that might come out of that room.

You can read more about the silence here.


Movie recommendation

It was time for a Western to be recommended, so I chose one the was directed by and starred Kevin Costner. No, not that one. I suggested that my listeners check out the 2003 Western, 'Open Range'. It's excellent and has a very authentic feel to it. It costars Annette Benning and the incomparable Robert Duvall.

Put in your Netflix queue now.


Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ahead' by Wire
First ad break bumpers: 'Alice's House' by The Psychedelic Furs & 'Night Time by Killing Joke
Second ad break bumpers: 'Constant In Opal by The Church & 'Your Autumn Days by Figures
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle


That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com You can also download my show from the Z Talk Show Archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

No comments:

Post a Comment