4.15.2012

dimland radio 4-14-12 show notes


Memes Talk

Really? A $2 jump from Regular to Plus? And, then, a one PENNY jump to Supreme?

Lots of commentary on a couple of photographic "memes" that I found on Facebook. One was an obvious fake in which someone tries to scare us about gas prices and why they are so high. I pointed out that the pricing scale shown does not adhere to reality.

I made this! Feel free to share, please!

The next "meme" I discussed was one that I created and hope to get to saturate the internet. It's a cat lady's car. I think it's pretty funny and I did a brilliant job on it. But then I would think that.

Not sure David Drake really said this.

The third "meme" I discussed relates the Titanic. Yes, I did talk about the Titanic last week, but I had more to say as related to this particular meme about the building of Noah's Ark and the building of the Titanic. My main thrust of my talk was that, when looking at the two vessels, the Titanic actually existed. I also got into more of the aspects about the whole Ark story.

Deconstructed Sgt. Peppers

I touched briefly on a very cool break down of The Beatles' song 'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.' The song was recorded using a 4 track system and someone posted a video on YouTube separating the four tracks. Check it out, very cool.

I also mentioned another YouTube clip with a musician breaking down the opening chord of another terrific Beatles' tune, 'A Hard Day's Night.'
Also very cool.

Movie Recommendation (Television Division): Nova: The Case For Ancient Astronauts (1977)

This was an assignment of sorts, rather than a recommendation. In 1977, PBS science program, Nova, ran a documentary examining, scientifically and skeptically, Erich von Daniken's ideas that space aliens came to earth in the distant past. The aliens came here, apparently, to help build pyramids and mate with us and who knows what else.

Music heard on the show (Whenever Possible, I Will Link To The Song)...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'Almost With You' by The Church & 'Kiss' by Prince
Second ad break bumpers: 'Shut Out The Light' by Steve Diggle & 'Outside The Trains Don't Run On Time' by Gang Of Four
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment