9.02.2012

dimland radio 9-1-12 show notes





Pedantic Moment!

 
 
I pointed out that the above meme's sentiment is flawed.  It boils down to this: Isn't what you have overcome something you have done?  So, aren't you saying, "I am not what I have done, I am what I have done?"
 
 
Cool,Cool, And Sad

Such a cool cloud formation!  Ain't it?
 
I then ran through a few news items I spotted online.  Two were cool and one was pretty sad.  First was an interesting cloud formation called undulatus asperatus and they look so cool!  Next was the news item about eBay longer allowing some forms of "magical" products or services to be dealt through them.  See that story here.

Last was a sad item about a fellow who decided it would be fun to dress in a Ghillie suit (a kind of military camouflage) and hang out on a highway after dark in order to fool people that they were seeing bigfoot.  Well, as you can imagine, the plan backfired.  He was hit by two cars and killed.  I think this falls under the What's The Harm umbrella that skeptic Tim Farley put up here.

Ten Minutes Topic: Scams

Chris Brown of the Meet The Skeptics! podcast joined me in a discussion of scams that businesses can get caught up in.  Chris did get a word or two in, but I did kind of monopolized the chat.


That Baltic Sea UFO?  Well...

I discussed some of the more recent information regarding a "UFO" found underwater using a sonar imaging device.  It looks interesting, but is it a crashed spacecraft?  Or is it an artifact of Atlantis?  Atlantis?  Sure, why not?  Oh, wait!  Atlantis was made up!  Made up by PlatoSo, the object as seen in the sonar image is probably not a UFO or Atlantis, but Ocean Team X is determined to get to the bottom of this mystery.

Movie Recommendation: The Great Escape (1963)
 

United Artists
 
 
Produced in those final days of the Hollywood studio system, this prisoner of war movie is based on actual events from World War Two.  It stars Steve McQueen, James Garner, and Richard Attenborough and it's pretty damn good!  Watch it!

Music heard on the show (Whenever Possible, I Will Link To The Song)...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'Living Through Another Cuba' by XTC & 'Wardance' by Killing Joke
Second ad break bumpers: 'Soul Kitchen' by X & 'Many A Time' by Pete Shelley
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment