3.24.2013

dimland radio 3-23-13 show notes


What?  Again?

Finally, my guest bloggery at Stuck In The 80s has begun.  I just wanted to point that out that the picture of the artist I've been mentioning on the show for the last few weeks that appears on the blog is of the later line up, not the original.  But I sidetracked myself and forgot to mention it.
 
Whoops?  Again?

Yes, I made a mistake.  I did mention this is last week's show notes.  I mistakenly referred to the 2012 World War II movie about African American fighter pilots as being titled Red Wings.  It was Red Tails.  Whoops.
 
Pedantic Moment?  Again?
 
 This ain't the way it looked in the ad!

Well, a different moment, but, yes, again with the Pedantic Moment.  This one was about the deceptive depiction of the KFC Family Bucket.  Always shown to be overflowing the lid of the bucket in the ads, but never that way in reality.  This was something I noticed when I was just a mere child.  I guess this whole details thing started early for me. 
 
The Death Of Duane Gish?  Again?

Well, as far as I know he only died once.  But he did die earlier this month.  Gish was a bit of a stinker.  He believed in creation and thought the theory of evolution was wrong.  He debated often, but never swayed from his belief despite numerous scientists and skeptics showing him exactly what he was wrong about and why.  No, Duane just Gish Galloped along.

Not anymore, though.
 
Dimland Radio's Look At Sports? Again?

Ok, sometimes I talk about sports.  This time I mentioned the NHL on NBCSports Facebook fan page trying to drum up a rivalry between the Detroit Red Wings and the Minnesota Wild.  I don't know if a rivalry exists between those two teams.  Anyway, they asked fans to weigh in on which state, Minnesota or Michigan, was the better hockey state.
 
There were plenty of opinions.  And good points were made by both sides.  I weighed in on the side of Minnesota, of course.  I pointed out the number of Minnesota players on the 1980 US Olympic gold medal-winning hockey team.  Michigan had two players.  Minnesota had 12.

Checkmate, Michigan!
 
Psychic News?  Again?

Yep!  This time it's a story of how a psychic family was busted for scamming customers out of big money.  Psychics?  Scams?  Tell me it isn't true!

Read about them here.
 
My Son, The Atheist?  Again?

Not sure how this is an again, but at the parent/teacher conference last week, our son's teacher mentioned that Hayden had told the class he is an atheist.  And they didn't lynch him!  That's progress.
 
Movie Recommendation: Billy Budd (1962)
 
Allied Artists

Every now and then you put a movie in your Netflix queue thinking it might be interesting.  Every now and then it's an older movie that you don't know much about, maybe you've only just heard of the title.  Every now and then that movie turns out to be great!  Billy Budd is just such a movie.  I put it in the queue because Netflix thought we might like it and I thought it would be alright for my son.

It was a pleasant surprise.  We'll really enjoyed it.  You might, too.

Music heard on the show (Whenever Possible, I Will Link To The Song)...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'Me And Sarah Jane' by Genesis & 'Bikini Red' by The Screaming Blue Messiahs
Second ad break bumpers: 'Sleepless' by King Crimson 'Two Story House' by George Jones & Tammy Wynette
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment