3.31.2013

dimland radio 3-30-13 show notes


For Pity's Sake! Again With The Replacements?!

Yes, but I kept it quick.  I meant to say it last week, but I forgot.  I would have posted a photo of the original line-up of The Replacements instead of the one that was chosen for my first installment of my Never Found in the 80s guest blog at Stuck in the 80s.
 
There, enough is enough.
 
Dimland Radio Science Hero: Tory Shepherd

Fluoride in the water benefits us.  It's not a tool for the government to control our minds.  Journalist Tory Shepherd knows that and wrote this piece to admonish those in the Australian government who are spreading misinformation and fear.  That makes her a Dimland Radio science hero.  Yay!
 
Television Commercial Round Up

A few ads to comment on, because they bug me or I thought it could be funnier.  Warning!  I sing.  Sort of. 
 
What Skeptics Deal With

I posted a link on my Facebook page to a 20/20 piece done by John Stossel in which he exposes the snake oil salesman Kevin Trudeau as a liar and money-grubbing vulture.  The first comment on my posting was by a troubled woman who believes that prescription drugs nearly killed her several times and that John Stossel takes bribes to skew his reports.
 
Two fellow skeptics and I pressed her to back up her accusations.  She pretty much told us to do our research and the truth is out there.  She did give us a documentary to watch and books to read, but she wouldn't tell us why those resources should be trusted.  She wouldn't tell why Stossel and the FDA shouldn't be trusted.

We skeptics were respectful, but we wanted her to back up her assertions.  She called us lemmings and suggested we were lazy.  She told us she didn't have the time to waste and then unfriended me.

Movie Recommendation: Quadrophenia: Can You See The Real Me? (2012)
 
BBC 4

This is a BBC 4 documentary about the best album The Who had ever produced and quite possibly the greatest piece of musical art ever made.  You can watch it for nothing on the YouTube.  Ain't life great?

Music heard on the show (Whenever Possible, I Will Link To The Song)...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'Tape Your Wife To The Ceiling' by The Suburbs & 'Somebody Put Something In My Drink' by The Ramones
Second ad break bumpers: 'Rapture' by Blondie 'Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)' by Eurythmics
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment