1.19.2015

dimland Radio 1-17-15 show notes

Live Show With Technical Difficulties, Of Course

The third segment of my show was all fouled up with technical difficulties. A page I was reading from on the internets was having loading problems and, although I continued to broadcast, wouldn't let me access my broadcasting program. I couldn't sign off the show. And I kept cutting out.
 
I was a be discombobulated because if all this, but I was having a laugh, too. My younger brother called to tell me I was still on the air and if I wanted to put an end to it, I should reboot. I ended up force quitting the whole thing by shutting down my laptop.
 
I then fixed up the show with some editing and re-recorded the messed up segment. You can download the fixed show from the Z Talk Radio archives page.

Yin & Yang
 
I had an interesting week, particularly Monday.
 
First, I got the bad news of how much it would cost to fix the transmission of our VW Jetta. It's been sitting in the garage for a year and soon it will be donated. The cost to fix it is way too much to pay. So, donate it.
 
Second, and this was the better news. Awesome news in fact. Back in the Spring of 2012, I talked about a portrait I did of George Hrab. Well, the portrait surfaced again. Bob and Jay Novella, of the Skeptic's Guide to the Universe and friends of Hrab, spotted the portrait at Geo's place and decided to have some fun. They struck the pose I had Geo do for the drawing. Bob posted the image on Facebook and I spotted it and I was thrilled.
 
Bob and Jay Novella and the portrait of Geo. Bob commented, "Before you think we're crazy...look at the awesome pen-drawn image of Geo between me and Jay."
 
 The rewards for an artist are few and this one was excellent!
 
The Moon Is A What Now?

Non-astronomers and Dimland Radio Science Zeroes Shawn Killinger, of QVC, and fashion designer Isaac Mizrahi got into a spat over whether or not the moon was a planet or a sun. Oh brother.
 
Watch the clip.
 
Go On An Awesome Nostalgia Trip

WishBookWeb.com has something you might just love. Two fellows have compiled the pages of many, many "Wish Book" catalogs from Sears and JC Penny's and the like. I was able to find the action figure Ghost of Captain Kidd ad in the Sears catalog from 1975. Check it out and enjoy a trip through those bygone days.
 
There he is and a bargain at $2.99!
A Potential Dimland Radio Science Hero

I say potential, because he hasn't done anything yet. In coming president of Discovery Channel, Rich Ross, wants to do two things at his new job 1) diversify the audience by being more attractive to women and younger males and 2) bring credibility back to the documentaries they produce.

We'll see what he came accomplish before we know for certain if he is a Science Hero we'll have to see what he can do.
 
Rich Ross wants to raise the bar, not lower it. This next story indicates they are attempting the opposite...
 
Naked Ghost Hunting

Just when you thought the bottom of the barrel couldn't get more bottomy. Apparently, the word has gone out to find ghost hunters willing to be naked as they hunt for anomalies. The producers want to take ghost hunting to the next level.
 
The next level down.

Yes, But What Does The Dog Think?

Sarah Palin, the most hated woman in the world among my Facebook friends anyway, posted pictures of her son standing on their pet dog. The internet (including PETA) lost its mind.
 
I pointed of a couple things 1) had it been Bill Clinton's kid, those same people would be gushing and 2) the dog doesn't appear to care.
 
If the dog doesn't give a shit, why should we?

Still. Kids, don't stand on a dog.
 
Movie Recommendation (Netflix division): The Fall (2013)
 
BBC Northern Ireland/Netflix
The Fall is a British TV crime drama starring the hotter than ever Gillian Anderson as a police detective on the trail of a serial killer. The series doesn't just focus on her and her hunt of the serial killer; it also gives us a look into the surprising private life of the killer.
 
An excellent series that is streaming on Netflix.
 
Music heard on the show...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'Makes No Sense At All' by Husker Du & 'Homosapien' by Pete Shelley
Second ad break bumpers: 'The Passenger' by Siouxsie & the Banshees & 'It's A Mistake' by Men At Work
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle
 
That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment