6.16.2013

dimland radio 6-15-13 show notes


Not Fun Aspects Of My Week
 
This was an unusual show for me, but I'll get to that in a moment.  After a somewhat awkward start, I talked about my son having pneumonia and that I had to fire one the folks who works for the company for which I am the office manager.  Oh, joy.
 
Guests?!
 
I said this was an unusual show, didn't I?  I took the show on location, did it from a garage, and I had guests!
 
My guests were fellow ZTalkers Chris Davis and Jenny Gurney and her mother Bonnie.  It was different.  We covered a few topics and had a good time.

Chris and Jenny host two program on Z Talk Radio: Proximity Paranormal Weds. at 5pm Eastern and Paranormal Hotspot Weds. at 10pm Eastern.


Find Any Ghosts?
 
This was my first question of my guests.  They say yes.  Bonnie said that her house is haunted by her grandparents and her husband's grandparents.  And Chris is certain that late at night, while in bed, he sees people walking through the house.  He says he sees them two or three nights a week.
 
But You know me, I'm a skeptic.  And I am skeptical.
 
Pretentious Perfume TV Ads
 
Ok, I know. What perfume ads aren't pretentious.  I talked about one in particular that bothers me with its seriousness and, well, pretentiousness.  The ad features Heather Graham (its one redeeming factor) and was directed by Martin Scorsese!  You can see the full version of the ad here.
 
My guests and I then talked about perfume and Old Spice and Avon bottles.
 
How Many Knees Does An Elephant Have? 
 
I asked my guests that question.  Jenny got it right.  Elephants have the same number of knees that people do.  Two.  They are located on their back legs.  On their front legs (more like arms) elephants and other four-legged mammals have elbows.  Just like us.
 
I was made aware of this by watching the British comedy "game show" hosted by Stephen Fry called QI.  You can find full episodes on YouTube.  Here's one.  I don't know if it the one with the elephant's knees question, but it is collection of highlights of the show.  Enjoy.
 
Never Found In The Eighties: Killing Joke
 
My latest entry in my guest blogging on the Stuck in the 80s blogsite is about the British post-punk band Killing Joke.  Their song Eighties should have been a major anthem in the 80s, but mainstream radio didn't have time for cool song such as this one.  They had too much Phil Collins and Journey to play.

See my write-up on this overlooked band here.

Rick Dyer Is At It Again?
 
Yes, the bigfoot in a freezer guy is at it again.  He has another dead bigfoot body.  Well, not another one, because that one he claimed to have in 2008 turned out to be a costume.
 
This time around he has invited a select few, including two unidentified reporters, to see this find of the century.  His big find will rock the world of animal biology!

I'm not holding my breath.
 
Here is a video by the known hoaxer himself.  It's a message to the haters.  Rick, just show us the body already.

My Brother In Chat
 
My younger brother spent time in the chat room telling what he thought were embarrassing details about me.  The thing is, nothing he reveled was something I wouldn't tell people about on my own.
 
Nice try, Steve.

Movie Recommendation (Guest Edition): Profile Of A Killer (2012)



Bonnie recommended this serial killer thriller that was filmed in Minnesota.  It is about the H61 killer who turns out to be a teenager.  Chris says that about halfway through the film you may find yourself rooting for the killer.
 
This is a guest recommendation and I have not seen it, so Dimland Radio is not responsible if you don't like it.  It will be available on DVD Tuesday 6/18/13.

Music heard on the show (These songs are linked above)...

Dimland Radio opening theme song: 'Ram' by The Yoleus
First ad break bumpers: 'Fight For Love' by 54-40 & 'Eighties' by Killing Joke
Second ad break bumpers: 'Crash' by The Primitives & 'How Soon Is Now?' by The Smiths
Closing song: 'Angler's Treble Hook' by $5 Fiddle

That's it! See you next Saturday night for Dimland Radio 11 Central, midnight Eastern on www.ztalkradio.com you can also download my show from the z talk show archives page. You can email your questions and comments to drdim@dimland.com

You can also go to my CafePress store and buy stuff with my artwork on it and have me do a portrait for you if you like. Find out more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment